Gpu Driver Issues

josee2797

Commendable
Apr 12, 2017
So just 45 minutes ago I was installing the latest Geforce driver to my 1060 3gb. During the middle of that, my computer froze and shut itself down. When I restarted, I found that it had auto'd back to 64 hertz refresh rate and the resolution had gone to 1024x768. I was able to change the res, but the refresh rate it stuck at 64 and neither windows or Geforce experience can change it. When I checked devices and stuff, I found that my GPU had an error (code 34). I'm not sure if I'm screwed here or what. I can't uninstall the drivers since Geforce experience won't work and when I try to update the driver I was previously installing, it says to reboot, and I do, and nothing changes, it just keeps going through the same process and saying to reboot. I really need help here since I don't have the budget to buy a new GPU/Monitor.

Solution
Well try using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode so you can uninstall your driver and then reinstall the Graphics card driver. Theres more but try this first

josee2797

Commendable
Apr 12, 2017
Actually just figured it out myself. I found out another way to uninstall the driver. That stopped the error code but didn't change the refresh rate. I ended up switching back to my old DVI cable to see if it was the cable that was affected somehow. Turns out, it was. Don't know why, or how, but it happened. And I fixed it.

EDIT: The driver issue was because of the 397.31 update. Found out I'm not the only one with the problems. (I got help from Reddit r/nvidia

TRENDING THREADS