Oct 19, 2017
Hello. I am new in this forum.

Specs:
►Processor: AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
►Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870
►Motherboard: FM2-A55M-E33
►RAM: 4gb
►Power Supply: 650watts

I would like to ask for help concerning my GPU. few weeks ago my computer restarted on its own while I'm playing game. Then I noticed that it keeps on restarting during the start up process (endless restart). But when I start the windows in safe mode it doesn't restart anymore and everything works fine. I keep looking for the problem until I decided to uninstall the GPU driver. Then I restarted the PC again and I can normally load my PC without selecting the safe mode.
What could be the problem here? Whenever I install the GPU driver back, the problem(endless restart) comes back.
Is there anyone here who experienced this kind of problem or is someone here know some solution I could try? Please let me know. I can't play any games without my GPU properly installed. Thank you.

PS: My monitor is connected to my GPU's via VGA port. even if the GPU's driver is uninstalled. is this normal?

Solution
Test the video card in another system, see if the card is still good or if a bad card.

What is your power supply brand and model? I would find it odd if you had a good quality PSU in a system like yours with an A4 CPU and only 4GB RAM, it is likely a low quality power supply that should be replaced.
Test the video card in another system, see if the card is still good or if a bad card.

What is your power supply brand and model? I would find it odd if you had a good quality PSU in a system like yours with an A4 CPU and only 4GB RAM, it is likely a low quality power supply that should be replaced.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS