Question gpu drivers acting like they are not installed in other pcie slots

Alpha_10

Reputable
Aug 4, 2017
I'm having an issue in regards to, when i put my gpu in my other pcie slots the gpu drivers appear to not be installed except in the top pcie slot, i have never used the other pcie slots up until now and it was to do tests to see if all my pcie slots are okay, i'm getting display in all of the pcie slots, its just the bottom ones appear like the gpu drivers are not installed ie the resolution, the top pcie slot though everything is fine, i was told by someone i have to run the gpu installer for each pcie slot but not sure if this is true. I'm running windows 8.1 pro, my gpu is a gtx 1050 (non ti) and my motherboard is an asus m5a99fx pro r2.0

Last edited:

Alpha_10

Reputable
Aug 4, 2017
Might be disabled in bios. and test with something other then a gpu?
Okay I checked again and I tried to open nvidia control panel and it says nvidia display settings are unavailable. An nvidia graphics card was not detected in your system. And in device manager I'm getting a code 45

Last edited:

Alpha_10

Reputable
Aug 4, 2017
Okay I checked again and I tried to open nvidia control panel and it says nvidia display settings are unavailable. An nvidia graphics card was not detected in your system. And in device manager I'm getting a code 45
Update: I installed the drivers again and everything appears fine now, odd