[SOLVED] Gpu drivers, audio and internet all not working, help!

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 (stock Wraith Spire Cooler)
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2
Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M
Ram: G-Skill 2x8 2133mhz

Ok, I was writing my English final this morning. My tv is set to shut off after 15 minutes of inactivity, and as I was in another room, it shut off as usual. However, when I moved my mouse, it booted up. Sometimes, Nvidia Control Panel doesn't initialize, and apparently reverts to the default, washed out display. I tried to reset it, and after clicking apply, nothing in the screen settings changed, and it reverted back to the use other application settings, like someone choose it right after I hit apply.

Odd, so I went onto the internet in order to troubleshoot. No dice, as the internet is not on now! It wasn't even recognizing I had my pci wifi adapter hooked in. In device manager it's listed with an orange yield sign. Also, my audio is not working at all, either, same issue in the device manager.

I system restored to a point a few days ago, and when it was done it gave me the message informing me it couldn't restore some files, and listed an app deployment service or something.

I really need to continue doing my final, along with the research for it. I'll use this laptop to finish it, but I really don't want to leave my computer jacked up like this. What can I do to remediate this?

Solution
To make sure is not Windows or a failing disk, backup all your data and install Windows 10 again.
Make sure only one disk is connected during setup..

Get a 8GB or larger USB flash drive.
Go to -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
Click the Download tool now under Create Windows 10 installation media app.
Insert USB flash drive.
Run the media creation tool.
Select Create installation media for another PC.
Choose your language, Windows edition and architecture (64-bit) for Windows 10.
Select the USB flash and click Next.
Windows installation media app will download and create the installation disk. Click Finish.

Disconnect all disk and just leave the disk where Windows will be installed.

Boot from the...

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Download the AMD drivers for your B450 motherboard from AMD website (B450 drivers link), Install the drivers and reboot and see if all your devices come back.

Will do. I put it into safe mode sys restore, so I'll reinstall the drivers and report back. Thanks.

What happens when you reboot your PC?

It reboots fine. It recognizes my Gtx 1080 as being connected, no orange or yellow triangle around the icon in device manager. It's displaying in my 4k resolution like normal, but Nvidia control panel doesn't change anything.

The audio and wifi cards are either not recognized, or are under the unknown devices tab in device manager.

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Download the AMD drivers for your B450 motherboard from AMD website (B450 drivers link), Install the drivers and reboot and see if all your devices come back.

Installed the chipset drivers, and no dice. Wifi card isnt even showing up in device manager, and the unknown devices tab still has a ton of devices in it. It's weird, the mouse and keyboard still work, and the gpu is still being recognized, but all these others aren't recognized, and the nvidia control panel doesnt work?

Does this sound like a software problem, or maybe something wrong with my motherboard? Or maybe my new psu? I got Gold rated modular Whisper M 650 unit a few weeks ago, and it hasn't shown to give me any problems.

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
This is really weird. I resolved the issues by restoring back to like a week ago before the last windows update. I then had to apply the first of two windows updates that were pending. I applied one. I also had to uninstall all my nvidia drivers in order to be able to change my screen settings.

The problem is back today. No internet, no audio and I cant set my nvidia control panel settings to the screen.

Seriously, this is driving me crazy.

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Which PSU do you have?

BitFenix Whisper M 80 Plus Gold

I dont understand what's happening. I thought it was a windows update failing that messed everything up. So i disabled the windows update for around 2 weeks. Well, I boot up my pc from sleep this afternoon, and the nvidia control panel does nothing, there's no sound and no wifi card.

This is ersiously pissing me off, since I have to use DDU to uninstall all of my nvidia drivers after doing a system restore.

What in the hell is going on here? I have finals next week, and can't afford to mess with this crap.

To make sure is not Windows or a failing disk, backup all your data and install Windows 10 again.

Insert USB flash drive.
Windows installation media app will download and create the installation disk. Click Finish.

Boot from the USB installation disk.

Last edited:
Solution

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

Insert USB flash drive.

I finished creation of the installation usb. I'll report back in a few hours or whenever its finished.

I finished creation of the installation usb. I'll report back in a few hours or whenever its finished.
On the "Windows Setup," click the Next button.
Click the Install now button.
On the Activation window, click I don't have a product key option click Next (activate Windows 10 when online using the code that came with the disk).
Select the edition of Windows 10 that matches the one you purchased and click the Next button.
Select the I accept the license terms option to continue.
Click on the Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced) option.
Select and delete all partitions on the SSD. Until you are left with Drive 0 Unallocated Space
Select the empty drive (Drive 0 Unallocated Space) and click the Next button.
The setup will proceed with a fresh installation of Windows 10.