[SOLVED] GPU drivers when switching gpus

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Right now in my build I have a 2070 super but I will be upgrading to a 3080 here soon. When I install the new gpu, should I do anything special after installing such as clean installing the drivers with DDU or since im switching from nvidia card to another nvidia card, it really won't matter?

Solution
Right now in my build I have a 2070 super but I will be upgrading to a 3080 here soon. When I install the new gpu, should I do anything special after installing such as clean installing the drivers with DDU or since im switching from nvidia card to another nvidia card, it really won't matter?
DDU and install new drivers
If you leave it Windows will likely try to update drivers and leave the old ones in the registry.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
DDU and install new drivers
If you leave it Windows will likely try to update drivers and leave the old ones in the registry.

Solution