Question Gpu Drivers?

Ahsyed

Great
Aug 13, 2023
7800x3d. It's a new system and 1st time .
Is this cause for concern? I can't find a solution I tried to download driver and everything.

Ahsyed

Great
Aug 13, 2023
Go to your motherboard's website and look up the chipset drivers for your board, you should find "AMD APU Driver", this is for the integrated graphics. Then in AMD Adrenaline you should have both GPUs listed.
Had done that but I don't see apu driver. Just chipset drivers and I installed it again.

Did dxdiag in cmd prompt and it shows error 31 for my graphic.

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
The integrated graphics of the 7000 series CPUs use the same RDNA architecture and the same drivers as the 6 and 7000 series GPUs. What you have there is a dysfunctional MS generic driver that gets installed automatically by windows. It can cause conflicts given the ! on it.
Open windows settings, in System go to About, just under device specification there are 3 links. Press Advance system settings, in the new window go to the Hardware tab, choose Device installation settings and set it to NO. Get DDU if you don't have it, then click on restart while pressing shift and you will get a troubleshooting screen. Choose advanced startup and press restart and after than you can enter safe mode. Use DDU and restart then reinstall the AMD driver.

Reactions: Ahsyed

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
Just google DDU, its a software the wipes all GPU drivers from the system so you can do a clean install.
I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I had my PSU die 2 weeks ago and it took the mobo with it so in order to see what works and what's dead i used my brother's pc and started connecting things. Since i had no pc to use while waiting for the new mobo i let my brother use my 6600xt and then he decided he wanted to keep it so he spot me 200 and i got the 7700xt which arrived today so i'm a little anxious as to whether it will give me any issues. 2 hours so far all seems fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahsyed