Question GPU dying ?

Lethalcube

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
Hi all, I recently received my pc back after shipping it halfway across the country. A few parts inside had been juggled around including my PSU, which had bent a few motherboard pins. However, everything seems to be working fine except for my GPU during demanding games if it is not underclocked. I am able to launch and play older games such as Skyrim and Terraria fine but crash after a few seconds during games such as Dishonored 2 and Tomb Raider. The crashes include artifacts of green and pink, which lead me to believe my GPU is dying. I do not believe the PSU is dying as the crashing only occurs during gameplay and the temperatures never exceed 70c. I have already ordered a new replacement GPU and plan on testing it as soon as it arrives. Any other advice or suggestions?

Full build

AMD R5 2600

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK Motherboard

2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM

EVGA GTX 970

2TB HDD Seagate

200GB SSD Kingston

650W Rosewill PSU

Lethalcube

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
When you say the psu bent a few motherboard pins, what ones are you referring to?
the pins on the bottom used for connecting the power switch, reset switch, and their LEDs. Nothing that would seem to cause a problem with the GPU

edit: I tried it again with my GPU in another PCI slot, but the PC would get stuck on the windows screen and then restart. However, I can boot fine and access everything else in the bottom PCI slot

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS