Question GPU Error After Launching Game???

May 19, 2023
Hey, this is my first time posting here and i had a question about some gpu errors I've been getting. For context pretty much all my amd software(I have a red devil 6700xt) was working before i launched a game, but shortly after i get into my game(and a match) my game blackscreened and crashed(followed by a lot of windows error noises). i then get gpu error messages and a message from the amd software saying it cant launch( due to a windows update, which I didn't do today) and the drivers are no longer compatible(even though they were compatible and it worked 5 minutes earlier). When i checked the driver status in device manager(windows 10), the driver's didnt seem to have changed versions(even though the amd software claimed they did). I was able to fix this by reinstalling the amd software, but i am still curious as to how this happened. is it possible someone from within my game lobby caused this? Or did the windows update i did last week mess up my drivers without actually changing them? Any help would be appreciated.

Specs: Ryzen 5 5600x
Powercolor Red devil 6700xt

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model.

As for your system, when you said you reinstalled the GPU drivers, did you use DDU in order to rid it off your platform, first?

is it possible someone from within my game lobby caused this?
Game's name?

May 19, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model.

As for your system, when you said you reinstalled the GPU drivers, did you use DDU in order to rid it off your platform, first?

is it possible someone from within my game lobby caused this?
Game's name
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition
Motherboard: Asus tuf x570 plus
Ram: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR4 3600
SSD: Inland Premium 1TB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCie Nvme 3.0 by 4
GPU: Powercolor red devil 6700xt(triple fan)
PSU: Corsair RM750, age: around 1.5 years
Chassis: Cooler Master Mastercase H500 Argb
Monitor: Asus Tuf VG27AQL1A

I didn't use DDU, I used the amd adrenalin software(I don't know if that uses a form of ddu)

I was playing Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, I was concerned about this specifically since it's a bit of an older game so I don't know if mod menus have been developed and also i heard about the bo3 remote exploit situation.

Thanks for the warm welcome and response!