[SOLVED] GPU fan and MSI AfterBurner

Feb 14, 2021
Hello. I am just wondering without useing MSI afterburner how long will my GPU fan last? I am running a radeon rx 550 4gb card

If i were to use MSI afterburner to increase my gpu fan speed to around 40% will my gpu fan fail faster?

I mainly ask cuase one game i play without msi my gpu temp can reach but not past 63c, it hoveres between 55-63c which from i found it not bad

The one time i tested it at 45% my gpu temp stayed around 55c without going past it. I am just worried that if i use msi to much or often i can cuase damage to it and finding a video card atm is hard on a budget

Solution
If i were to use MSI afterburner to increase my gpu fan speed to around 40% will my gpu fan fail faster?
Specifically because you are running it at 45%? No.
Could your GPU fan fail regardless of whether you adjust it or not? Definitely.

INHO, you should adjust it however you wish. Just make sure your GPU temps don't go too high.
Feb 14, 2021
that i try to do, but the main reason i ask is im playing and streaming nioh 2, wihtout useing msi the temp can get to 63c but drops to around 55c. So i just need a way to keep it a lttle coooler til i can get a better video card

TRENDING THREADS