Feb 17, 2019
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkTbvyeYwIc
As seen in this video of a GTX 760 (same as mine) one of the 2 fans are broken but spins up randomly. Mine has the same problem but not as great it seems. mine sits on 60 rpm for the first 5 min then it spins up to 360 rpm for a couple of mins then goes back down. I was wondering if i need to replace the entire graphics card or just a fan.

Solution
just the fan, it's possible that it also spins at a lower speed because it doesn't need to spin any faster (speed adjusts based on the component's temp)
Feb 17, 2019
just the fan, it's possible that it also spins at a lower speed because it doesn't need to spin any faster (speed adjusts based on the component's temp)
So just the fan ayy? that is great to hear since i am extremely short on money and quite stingy :^) Concerning the second part about it spinning slowly because it doesnt need to spin any faster is sadly not correct since my gpu has been overheating and crashing quite often. Thanks!

Feb 17, 2019
try at a local pc repair shop, it's probly just clogged with dust, they can probably open it up for you and clean it

you should find the fans in sets to buy separately
I am gonna go see my local computer shop on monday to get it checked out and i've also found my 95 mm fans and am going to order them soon. i appreciate all the help. i will also ask them before i order if it's a problem with my fan or just dusty! I'm very thankful for all the help!

TRENDING THREADS