GPU fan buzzing, very noisy

May 30, 2018
Hi, so this evening my gpu fan started to work very loudly and made a buzz sound. It seems that it started to spin much faster than before. After restarting the pc, it started again making weird loud noises around 1 minute after booting in. Its acctually my second time experiencing this. Forst time I tried to take out and again put back gpu, it seemed like it fixed the problem, but seems like not. I have not cleaned anything wih compressed air but i used some other things to clear everything. I will try compressed air later, just want to ask if it doesnt fix the issue and dust isn't a problem, what should I do ?

jeet_

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
when the gpu's internals get hot, the fan increases it's rpm, ehich makes it seem louder. if you can, open the gpu, replace the thermal paste, and download msi afterburner.. u can control the fans rpm there.

May 30, 2018
So I fixed the buzzing sound, but now I realize that the problem is fans running at 100% all the time, no matter what I am doing on my pc. After shutdown, fans stay at the same speed when booting up for the rest of the use time. MSI afterburner and other softwares shows that fans are running normally ( 33% or 40%) when idle. Still haven't cleaned it with compressed air or changed thermal paste ( will do tommorow) , just want to ask if there is some other things I can try too.

jeet_

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

Only replace thermal paste if the reseller allows for that (wont void warranty). if you have any problems, and this is a new card, then just get a replacement

TRENDING THREADS