Question GPU fan controllers not working anymore, BSOD and other issues

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
Here are my specs. This system is in a desktop pc. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44483051
previously, I could use msi afterburner to overclock and control my gpu fan speeds. now, msi afterburner wont change anything, even after reinstalling it.
My driver software also wont change my fan speed, even after a clean reinstall. I use version 20.4.2 (for certain shaders compatibility for a game)
Corsair link 4 causes a BSOD when it is run.

Can anyone help me get my fan controlling software working? i only need MSI afterburner working.

Lutfij

Titan
Am I right to assume that you're on BIOS version F52? basing that assumption off the BIOS date stated on the link you parsed. If so, you have one more BIOS update to get to, BIOS version F53.

What version of Windows 10 are you on? Userbenchmark doesn't include the make and model of the PSU used in your build, not to mention it's age. You're actually asked to list specs for your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Very likely that your OS is corrupt and it had nothing to do with your GPU/drivers. In any case, it wouldn't hurt if you reinstalled your GPU drivers as well. Source the latest GPU driver from AMD's support site, use DDU to uninstall your driver, reboot then manually reinstall with the latest driver, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

My driver software also wont change my fan speed, even after a clean reinstall. I use version 20.4.2 (for certain shaders compatibility for a game)
Please mention the "game" you speak of.

Corsair link 4 causes a BSOD when it is run.
Include the version of your Corsair Link app. On that note, it seems to me you might be having cooling solution from Corsair or is it for lighting(peripherals)?

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
I am now on BIOS version F53.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x 8 core desktop processor
Motherboard: GA-A320M-S2H-CF
Ram: 2x8GB Micron branded, 3200 Mhz
SSD/HDD: Crucial P2 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Up to 2400MB/s - CT1000P2SSD8
GPU: Radeon RX 5600 XT Powercolor
PSU: 1200w LEPA branded G series power supply, 80 Plus Gold rating, model: G1200-MA. Year released: 2013
Chassis: Thermaltake V200 Tempered Glass RGB Edition 12V MB Sync Capable ATX Mid-Tower Chassis with 3 120mm 12V RGB Fan + 1 Black 120mm Rear Fan Pre-Installed CA-1K8-00M1WN-01
OS: Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2 (OS Build 19042, 1052)

I have performed the reinstallation of drivers many times, all version 20.4.2. The game that needs this version of drivers is modded Minecraft, I use shader mods with the game that sometimes do not work properly or not at all unless it is on driver version 20.4.2.

Start Quote: "Regarding shaders and AMD Radeon Drivers Certain AMD driver versions are known to cause crashes when using certain shaders. Your mileage may vary with these driver versions. I have tested every version since 20.4.2 up to 21.5.2, and the latest reliable/stable driver with shaders is 20.4.2. All later versions are known to cause crashes. I have also tested Radeon Pro drivers 20.Q3 and 20.Q4 and neither are stable. To receive support from shader developers and other members of the community, please use Radeon Driver version 20.4.2, available from the link at the bottom of this message. Update Regarding LWJGL Our good friend @Bálint has figured out the root cause of the issue, and has released a fix! I have verified this on driver 21.4.1. More information available at the linked message. https://discord.com/channels/237199950235041794/237199950235041794/858737861042241556 Regarding Continuum RT and SEUS PTGI Continuum RT and SEUS PTGI HRR2 both need newer versions of the driver to correctly function. I recommend 20.11.2. For these shaders, try this driver version if the above doesn't work. You may have some success with later drivers, but if you face problems you must downgrade to 20.4.2 before you'll be helped. This applies to any AMD GPU supported by their drivers, starting with the Radeon HD 7700-7900 Series through to the RX 6000 series released in November 2020. I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT, on a B450 Motherboard with a 3700X Download link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-4-2 psst, if you want to use a later driver, like if you want to run CRT or HRR2, if you have a shaderpack that crashes, switch to internal shaders before loading it. This has to be done every time you load it, so F3 + R (to reload shader) will still crash Also, starting with 21.2.3, some packs will refuse to load, such as Chocapic V9, while others have improved stability.
End Quote"

As with the Corsair Link 4 software, its the newest version, and I don't have any hardware associated with corsair, that might be the problem. whoops. I only got the software to see if it could control my GPU fans, I was just trying stuff.