I set a custom fan curve in MSI Afterburner for overclocking my GPU, an evga RTX 2070 XC Gaming.
When I used TimeSpy to test the Overclock the fans were spinning at 80%.
Would this be unsafe in terms of shortening the lifespan of the fans? Should I use a less aggressive curve?

Here's a screenshot of the curve:
View: https://imgur.com/LB9xi8Y

Note: I set the speed to 0 at under 35C so that the fans would be quiet, but it seems Afterburner has a 25% lower limit, which is still acceptable.

Solution
Fans spinning at a lower RPM for longer would probably be more beneficial in the lifespan of any given fan.
However, most stock fan curves will have the fans ramp up to ~70% when reaching a decent temperature anyway, which doesn't change dramatically from what you're proposing.

I wouldn't imagine there's any measurable lifespan degredation from your proposed vs any "stock" fan curve.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Fans spinning at a lower RPM for longer would probably be more beneficial in the lifespan of any given fan.
However, most stock fan curves will have the fans ramp up to ~70% when reaching a decent temperature anyway, which doesn't change dramatically from what you're proposing.

I wouldn't imagine there's any measurable lifespan degredation from your proposed vs any "stock" fan curve.

Solution