GPU fan died?

Spectralware

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
So i bought this GTX 1050TI with 2 fans a few months ago... And like last time i turned the PC on, one fan simply stopped spinning. I tried cleaning it but nothing changed, and the other fan is spinning just fine. Also, if it helps, i can manually spin it just fine. Did like... the fan simply die out of nowhere and i am screwed? I mean did i just lose my GPU bcs of one damn fan? I don't even want to execute any game or anything bcs i know with one fan it will hit the 90°C in a blink

Is there anything i can do? Like is there any software that checks it, or, i don't know... anything? Or it happened and there's nothing i can do, and i should buy a new GPU or something?
Obs: It looks like the fan sometimes tries to spin then stops after 2 seconds.

Solution
Depending on which version you have it may be 3D active fan on your card. Basically throttling the fan.
3D Active Fan
The semi-passive fans will remain off when the GPU is under a set loading or temperature for low power gaming. The LED fan indicator on the top of the graphics card provides an instant display of the fan status.

Spectralware

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

Well it "worked" putting it on heavy load... But the fan looks like an engine now. As in a dragster. I don't know what's worse, the fan not spinning or it speeding up to max RPM every 2 seconds. Do you know what could it be?

Spectralware

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

It's a Gigabyte OC Gaming one. Btw i am using MSI Afterburner with a custom loop. One fan works but the other tries to and stops frequently. I also noticed from time to time when i boot the PC both fans spin at max RPM for a few seconds, things they never did before. I don't understand why the fan can't spin correctly though. If it can spin in the first place... why doesn't it keep doing it

uppercut4u

Reputable
Mar 22, 2018
Depending on which version you have it may be 3D active fan on your card. Basically throttling the fan.
3D Active Fan
The semi-passive fans will remain off when the GPU is under a set loading or temperature for low power gaming. The LED fan indicator on the top of the graphics card provides an instant display of the fan status.

Solution