GPU Fan full speed and no screen

MerlijnCat

Prominent
May 30, 2017
title.
first, it did that sometimes, but most of the time it did just do nothing (pc booted)
then a local pc shop repaired it free with a heatgun (they said that it was deas but it was the last thing they could try)
but it turns out to be a fail. now the gpu fan spins out loud and its just not recognized!
anyone can help?
it does the same in 8 other pc's (!) with all a minimum of 500W psu. my mobo is an Asus Z87-A. the card is the ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5850 1G.

i tried to uninstall drivers/ disable them. i tried to reset bios. i tried a clean win.7. i tried to update BIOS.

ps sorry for bad grammar

FnaticMeister

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016
At this point with everything you've tried with all of the other PC's and such, we can consider your graphics card broken.
I would honestly recommend upgrading your graphics card, it came to that anyways.

I would recommend a GTX 1050 Ti for your build, it'll opt well! Good luck!

MerlijnCat

Prominent
May 30, 2017

hmm... it would be cool but im poor af... since i got this card (basically my whole pc..) from a flea market... i would love to see if i can let it go back to work

edit: i forgot to thank you;
thanks for the answer :)

FnaticMeister

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016

Anytime, but as of now, everything that you've experimented with, seems like there's no easy way out in order to fix your graphics card if it was tested in so many computers with the same results.

MerlijnCat

Prominent
May 30, 2017

2 monitors, 1 tried with hdmi and dvi- to vga. the other with only dvi

(i accendentally clicked best answer instead of react)