Question Gpu fan giving a funny noise?

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Ok, so I have a gigabyte gtx 950 and a few days ago I've started to notice, that after approx. half an hour of gameplay a fan gives some funny noise, not sure it's the gpu, so I've removed it, done some dusting, and now it gives some different noise, and this time it's definitely the gpu, but only one of the fans. idk how to describe it, it's probably not as smooth as the other one. Is this a problem? Also I've got three bsods this week two of them while playing gta v with the message: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, and one while playing swtor, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. And yes I have tested my memory with memtest86, and I have updated my display driver. Whats the problem? And btw these are the only bsods I've ever got. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Have your temps been normal?
Yes, I haven't experienced any overheating issues. Never went above 60c. And I have also reinstalled win10 and gta v and since then I haven't been facing any issues except for the gta v framerate stuttering after like 2 mins of gameplay. Also I found that one of my psu cables might have been blocking my cpu fan, cuz the cable was blocking it just when I've opened the case, but I'm not sure that it's been blocking it all the time. I've "undusted" the psu and the gpu, though I'm not sure how to clean the fan blades of the gpu. Also one of the fans is still giving a different noise, but it's hardly noticeable. Also sometimes there is some squeaky noise from somewhere, every squeak with like a 2 second interval but, I'm not totally sure where it comes from, even if I've listened carefully. Any help pls