[SOLVED] GPU fan in game speeds up and momently slows down

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hello guys I'we described all in title. I guess maybe PSU problem. Because I tried xmp on vengance memory for a while without other stick.

My Specs:

i5-7400
MSI H110M PRO-D
8GB vengance 2400 MHz CL14
8GB crucial 2133 MHz CL15
GTX 1660 OC 6 GB Gigabyte
PSU FSP Hyper 600 W

Last edited:
Solution
Because your gpu temp is rising thats why your fan speed is up, when the temp is stabilize then the fan speed come back to normal.
Gigabyte card have feature that when the gpu temp is above 50c then fan fans will spinning up, when in idling like below 50c the fans is not running.
I think this has nothing to do with your psu(i guess)

johnupham80

Reputable
Sep 12, 2017
Because your gpu temp is rising thats why your fan speed is up, when the temp is stabilize then the fan speed come back to normal.
Gigabyte card have feature that when the gpu temp is above 50c then fan fans will spinning up, when in idling like below 50c the fans is not running.
I think this has nothing to do with your psu(i guess)

Solution

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Thank you i used DDU writte now to resolve the issue. The problem is the behaviour is wild.
Before this card i had gtx 1060 3gb drivers installed maybe they are in clash. So i'll get you back after i restart computer and start a game over again to see if problem persists.

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I think you were right , the thing is as from gaming before a while that fans start spinning fast and then normalize after some playing time and i was watching the tachometer speed and the fan speed was constant while gaming. I'll try again to see if that's correct :).