Question GPU fan information on software such as Corsair iCUE

Ootsie87

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
Hi guys,

I have an Asus ROG Strix 3080 Ti which has 3 fans but only 2 fans show up in Corsair iCUE. Is this normal, or could it mean that there is a minor issue somewhere on 1 of my fans?

Lutfij

Titan
Some GPU's have fan designs that have 3 fans but only two are physically plugged in to the PCB,. meaning that one is daisy chained. So perhaps that's what you're seeing. In fact, you could inspect the fans leading off the GPU's PCB and see if one is split into two. Out of curiosity, which Strix card do you have? The one showing up for me is the Liquid cooler version's PCB. Can you parse a link to your card? A screenshot of what you're seeing on iCUE is also a good idea. Use HWMonitor to corroborate your findings.

Ootsie87

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
Some GPU's have fan designs that have 3 fans but only two are physically plugged in to the PCB,. meaning that one is daisy chained. So perhaps that's what you're seeing. In fact, you could inspect the fans leading off the GPU's PCB and see if one is split into two. Out of curiosity, which Strix card do you have? The one showing up for me is the Liquid cooler version's PCB. Can you parse a link to your card? A screenshot of what you're seeing on iCUE is also a good idea. Use HWMonitor to corroborate your findings.

Hey mate, thanks for the response and information. Here's the link to my specific model:

I'm not on my PC so can't load a screenshot atm. Let me know if you still need it after reading the card details.