Question GPU fan issues and overheating ?

Jun 4, 2022
The other night i put my pc into sleep mode and in the morning i hopped on it to do some gaming and noticed i was getting some major stuttering and my gpu was hitting 87C, after looking around i noticed my gpu fan wasn't running at all so i powered down took out the gpu and checked, cleaned and seated it back in once more. The pc booted up, gpu and fan ran fine but after about 30 minutes case went a bit quiet and i noticed the fan stopped once more. with repeated attempts the fan once again stays on for about 20-30 minutes and shuts off completely (not going into idle as ive set the fan curve manually) whether i just sit the computer doing nothing or i boot up a game to test it, it runs for a bit building up temperature before shutting off way before the 83C Limit set on it then process to climb up to 87C.

I've read about fan bearings wearing down with use but with little knowledge of these things i don't know where to begin and i don't have a second rig to test to see if its a motherboard issue or a psu issue. I can run normal computer functions without the fan going as i sit around 45-55C but doing anything a bit more intensive begins to push the system till it overheats so the gpu itself at least functions. Any input at all to at least give me a direction would be appreciated before i just decide to hand it off to someone else to have it diagnosed and or repaired. Thank you.

Motherboard: asus prime b450m-a micro atx am4
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz 6-Core
Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan z 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4 GB
SDD: 2x Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" SSD

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please include the age of the unit as well. What OS are you working with? As for your platform, have you tried uninstalling your GPU driver using DDU and then manually reinstalling the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?

Jun 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please include the age of the unit as well. What OS are you working with? As for your platform, have you tried uninstalling your GPU driver using DDU and then manually reinstalling the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the lastest GPU driver, 512.95 (Released May 24, 2022), using DDU and running it through as administrator
MB: BIOS Version is American Megatrends Inc. 2409, 12/2/2020
O/S is Windows 10
PSU: Enermax Revolution Duo 500 w 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply
My unit was put together June 5th of last year so just about turning a year old.

Jun 4, 2022
For more clarification, The issue occurred before i ever updated to 512.95 or i had installed MSI Afterburner and adjusted my fan curve. Talking to an Nvidia support tech they had recommended i also uninstall with DDU and reinstall which ive done twice now and asked me to uninstall Afterburner and anything related to it with Revo. With bootup still no change in RPM of the fan even as fan speed increases as i can see through GPU-Z. Computer runs relatively well at around 45-50C if I'm just using it normally but i'm unable to put it under and moderate to heavy load as the fan never kicks on.