Question gpu fan making tick/rattling noise

Jul 23, 2016
i got this gigabyte rx 580 and after some time , it noticed that the fan on the back starts making rattle noise . i check temps and they are in 71% at 100% load. the front fan is working perfectly but the 2nd one isnt. what happens at full load is that the front fan goes crazy speed and the back fan does the noise and spins slowly , i took the gpu off , pushed the fan a little bit backwards and when i plug it , the fan now spins a little then stop ,it repeats every 5 seconds .
what should i do , is there any simple fix?
should i unscrew the fan and oil it?

Ralston18

Titan
First: no oil!

Second:

" i took the gpu off , pushed the fan a little bit backwards". How far id the fan move? How much force did you use?

When you pushed the fan you may have unbalanced it, bent the axle, or otherwise did something that is now causing the fan to stick/jam and stop, Once stopped the jam is released and the fan tries again to spin only to jam again.

Likely the fan is jamming as a reaction to the air it is pushing out. Air goes one way, fan axle the opposite, moves, and then fan jams.

Not sure if you will be able to get the fan permanently back into its original position.

Jul 23, 2016
First: no oil!

Second:

" i took the gpu off , pushed the fan a little bit backwards". How far id the fan move? How much force did you use?

When you pushed the fan you may have unbalanced it, bent the axle, or otherwise did something that is now causing the fan to stick/jam and stop, Once stopped the jam is released and the fan tries again to spin only to jam again.

Likely the fan is jamming as a reaction to the air it is pushing out. Air goes one way, fan axle the opposite, moves, and then fan jams.

Not sure if you will be able to get the fan permanently back into its original position.
i didn't use too much force. and the fan was moving slowly before being pushed, after the little force it jammed a bit, i may have jammed it. but then i took it off and placed it back again to be still jammed. i returned the gpu today though as it was already in a bad condition. too bad though i liked the freesync and now im stuck with intel hd until the new gpus market is up again in my country. thanks for the reply