[SOLVED] GPU Fan managment

Mar 12, 2019
I got a vega 56 and when I run it on 60% fan speed the temperatures stay like this, hot spot: 79-81, HBM: 75-76 and GPU: 71-72 while gaming.

Does running the fan on certain speed affect the fan lifespan ? like running it above 70% or something like this.

Solution
Running a fan at higher speeds does reduce life span. Higher speeds = more friction and more wear/tear.

Don't worry about it though, GPU fans are designed to handle it. You will be looking to upgrade your GPU before your fan dies. As long as you are making sure there isn't a ton of dust/animal hair getting into your PC you will be fine.
Running a fan at higher speeds does reduce life span. Higher speeds = more friction and more wear/tear.

Don't worry about it though, GPU fans are designed to handle it. You will be looking to upgrade your GPU before your fan dies. As long as you are making sure there isn't a ton of dust/animal hair getting into your PC you will be fine.

Solution
I got a vega 56 and when I run it on 60% fan speed the temperatures stay like this, hot spot: 79-81, HBM: 75-76 and GPU: 71-72 while gaming.

Does running the fan on certain speed affect the fan lifespan ? like running it above 70% or something like this.

Depends on the fan construction and bearing type. But double ball bearings fans will typically exceed 40K hours. They will run longer than your graphics card if you keep them clean. Just use a can of air about twice a year to clean it put. 10 second ahot and youre done

Aug 12, 2019

Hi I'm trying to find some stock temperatures for Vega56 as I want to compare to mine. If you dont mind, what card do you have? Standard blower style or any after market?

Sorry cant help much with your question, I never had any fan break, be it cpu, gpu or case so I would tend to agree with the other posters that the card will die or be outdated before the fans give up.

TRENDING THREADS