Question Gpu fan noise when fan first spins

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
So i have a gigabyte rtx 2070 super windforce oc and once in a while when the fan turns on out of its zero rpm mode one of the fans makes a vibrating noise but under load the fans sound fine.

Lutfij

Titan
If the card is fairly new and you're under warranty period, I'd suggest you bring Gigabyte into the look as well as your seller since the card might be faulty out of the factory. You could try and inspect the fans and see if there is any dirt or debris that needs cleaning from the fans.

Also, might want to see if the card has any sag/droop since a bend in the frame could cause the blades to brush up against the housing of the card.

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
If the card is fairly new and you're under warranty period, I'd suggest you bring Gigabyte into the look as well as your seller since the card might be faulty out of the factory. You could try and inspect the fans and see if there is any dirt or debris that needs cleaning from the fans.

Also, might want to see if the card has any sag/droop since a bend in the frame could cause the blades to brush up against the housing of the card.
i do have quite a bit of sag in my card but i dont know about how to get rid of it in my h210. I bought my card used to save money since every card in the market is jacked in price and the card works fine aside from this issue. Could maybe replacing the fans solve the issue? I have also held the card up with my hand while it makes the noise and it doesnt seem to resolve it.