GPU Fan Not Spinning (nVIDIA GTX460)

Mar 17, 2018
Hello, I hope you can help me with this. I have a nVidia GTX 460 and it was working just fine yesterday till today in the morning, I was playing Wolfstein like i was doing the whole week just fine and well today suddenly the fan from the gpu stopped spinning and my PC turned off instantly. (I have the case open so I can see inside of it and I was watching when it happened). Then I turned it on again and my GPU displayed image but the fan didn't start with it (i'm writing this while the fan is not working) so I cleaned the GPU, changed the thermal paste and tried again but nothing happened, so I don't know what could it be, maybe the GPU is dead but it it still display image so im not sure yet.

I've changed the GPU fan the past year because the old one broke, I tried pluggin in the broken one and turned on the PC but that old fan didn't spin neither. I have the MSI Afterburner and it shows me fan speed but well like i've said, it isnt spinning so I don't know what to do anymore. Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS