[SOLVED] Gpu fan not spinning

Mar 15, 2022
Does anybody knows how to fix this? I just replaced my gpus fan and it doesnt spin, some say it wont turn on until it is on specific temperature. My pc temperature has been in almost 90 c and its still not spinning

Solution
Honestly, with a card that old, it's probably not unlikely that it's simply a failure on the card and wasn't the fan at all. If you had the same problem with two fans on the same card, it's a lot more likely it's the card than the fan BUT considering the age of that card it's also quite possible that you simply bought a faulty fan. I'm assuming it was a used fan you purchased?
What is your card model? What did you replace the fan WITH, an identical replacement cooler that was new, or something else?

Generally speaking, at 90°C, fans should be on. Besides which, fans SHOULD come on when the system first powers up even if they soon shut off if the card has a zero RPM mode.

Mar 15, 2022
What is your card model? What did you replace the fan WITH, an identical replacement cooler that was new, or something else?

Generally speaking, at 90°C, fans should be on. Besides which, fans SHOULD come on when the system first powers up even if they soon shut off if the card has a zero RPM mode.

Gt 520 but i’ve bought an identical fan for the graphics card and the plug and the pin of the fan are connected but it doesnt turn on

Honestly, with a card that old, it's probably not unlikely that it's simply a failure on the card and wasn't the fan at all. If you had the same problem with two fans on the same card, it's a lot more likely it's the card than the fan BUT considering the age of that card it's also quite possible that you simply bought a faulty fan. I'm assuming it was a used fan you purchased?

Solution

KyaraM

Admirable
Try to unplug the fan pin and plug it in again. See if that helps, maybe it's not sitting correctly. Though it's true that either the new fan is faulty or the card itself is (the fan pins or lines might not work anymore), since it's so old.