GPU fan percentage goes up just fine, but the actual fan RPM never changes from 0?

Feb 10, 2019
I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti in a computer I recently built. Everything works pretty much just as it should, except that ever since I got the PC turned on, the GPU fan has never started spinning. I looked through the webs and found that GPU fans only turn on at 60 degrees Celcius or higher, but even at those temperatures, it still never got my fan spinning.

I was testing just now, and I noticed something. My GPU fan percentage goes up when it should, it's just that the RPM doesn't follow. I'm worried that all of this is because I happened to buy a used GPU when I bought it, and maybe I ended up with a dead fan. Is this all the work of a dead fan, or is it an issue in software? Would it work to just buy a replacement fan for my GPU and replace it? Or would I have to get a completely new GPU? Any help is appreciated.

Feb 10, 2019

What do you mean by factory shortcoming? Would I have to replace just the fan of the GPU or the entire GPU?

Feb 10, 2019
I don't think that it is a fan problem. It seems like a sensor failing to detect when the fan have to be activated. Maybe you have to use your warranty to replace the entire VGA.
Did you check the fan curve through a software? Everything is connected/checked?

Feb 10, 2019

I changed the fan curve to be customized, and it doesn't spin when it should be spinning. I'm also sure that the percentage is actually being changed by the software because another software detects it, and the software isn't what's having problems. I really hope I don't have to replace the entire GPU.

Feb 10, 2019
Does your software detect RPM's of your FAN? You can try to unistall the other software to discart a conflict with each other. But if you are able to replace it, you should do it to avoid stress in the future.

Feb 10, 2019

I'll probably just end up replacing it, but both of the programs mentioned detect both RPM and percentage, although I don't think the two programs are conflicting because there was a time when I only had one of the two, and it still worked the same. In case this is the case and my programs actually are conflicting, here are the programs I'm using:

HWMonitor
AORUS Engine

I'll accept your answer though since you did help me figure out I'll probably just have to buy a new one. Thanks for your time and help!

Feb 10, 2019
It's a weird problem, you might test your VGA in another setting and see if it happens. It's very unlikely that it's a problem in windows too...
Sorry about my english from Brazil lol.
Good luck!

Feb 10, 2019

Yeah, thanks for the help! (Sorry for the late reply, had to go somewhere.)