[SOLVED] GPU fan showing 3700 RPM, cannot control it, very loud ?

Kyroix 74

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
I've had this problem ever since i got my PC. My GPU fan is loud af, and i've tried using many fan controlling softwares, such as MSI Afterburner but when i move the slider to change the fan speed, nothing happens, the gpu fan is running constantly at 100% speed which is 3700 rpm for my GPU. One time i could actually control it for some odd reason, In MSI Afterburner one day i moved the slider and it actually worked, i put it to 5 and it was quiet, then to 100 and it was loud and fast. But they day after, the problem came back. In Speedfan, it states my GPU fan is at 3700 RPM. Very fast, and loud. But whats annoying me is I cant control it. Is there something broken physically on the GPU fan or what?

EDIT: Also in Speedfan if i change the % to 0% it still runs at max speed but then displays 0 rpm.

Solution
I've had this problem ever since i got my PC. My GPU fan is loud af, and i've tried using many fan controlling softwares, such as MSI Afterburner but when i move the slider to change the fan speed, nothing happens, the gpu fan is running constantly at 100% speed which is 3700 rpm for my GPU. One time i could actually control it for some odd reason, In MSI Afterburner one day i moved the slider and it actually worked, i put it to 5 and it was quiet, then to 100 and it was loud and fast. But they day after, the problem came back. In Speedfan, it states my GPU fan is at 3700 RPM. Very fast, and loud. But whats annoying me is I cant control it. Is there something broken physically on the GPU fan or what?

EDIT: Also in Speedfan if i...

EDIT: Also in Speedfan if i change the % to 0% it still runs at max speed but then displays 0 rpm.

Write down your GPU brand and model, also Did you installed the latest nvidia driver? (search for the right one and download here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us)

You can use DDU to uninstall the old one (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyroix 74 and CXB
Solution

Kyroix 74

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
All graphics cards made over the years aren't made equally. That may include how the fans are regulated. Perhaps if you told us the make and model of yours, someone may know.

By the way, Speedfan was last updated in 2015, so it may not be the most reliable tool.
My GPU is An RX 570. Latest Drivers.