[SOLVED] GPU fan slowly dying

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
So i have a gygabite 1070 G1 Gaming and i noticed a weird noise , i found out that the necessary middle fan is about to fail as u can see in the video bellow, it keeps spining slowly and it stops alot BUT that's only in idle usage , but when fan speed goes higher the fan works non stop BUT it only runs half of the other fans rpms , imagine if i set rpm to 100% the middle fan works at 50%

thoughts:
Im thinking abt dissembling it and switch the middle fan with the one facing the front of the case

Im thinking of buying wd40 and put some in the gpu but idk if its harmful or not, im scared of aplying it (pls let me know if its a good idea)

im thinking of buying a whole new fan of a chinese website but idk if that's worth it cuz it takes 30days to ship and they only sell 3fans at once with an expensive price

video showing my gpu while idle (discord and chrome browsing) :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSkINXiJiy0

i can also make another video showing in game rpm performance issue if needed

Solution
ok dude so the thing is my gpu is 2 or 3 years used and the temps hit 80 sometimes but mostly 70c to 75c in r6/ fortnite
in warzone/cyberpunk it hits 84c/89c
so that's why im worried
If it's been 3 years now try to re apply thermal paste, that would reduce the temperatures, also you should clean the fans with compress air, or if you're cheap like me just use a leaf blower. Anyway you can purchase 1 fan gigabyte fan in AliExpress or eBay for just $5 yes the shipping will be long but if that's what you want then go for it

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
There's a lot of GTX 1070 that only needs 2 fans, heck there's even a 1070 that has 1 fan like the founders edition. Honestly for me if the temperature doesn't go high as 70c while gaming then i wouldn't want to buy an extra fan to replace it anyway. But yeah it's up to you.

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
There's a lot of GTX 1070 that only needs 2 fans, heck there's even a 1070 that has 1 fan like the founders edition. Honestly for me if the temperature doesn't go high as 70c while gaming then i wouldn't want to buy an extra fan to replace it anyway. But yeah it's up to you.
ok dude so the thing is my gpu is 2 or 3 years used and the temps hit 80 sometimes but mostly 70c to 75c in r6/ fortnite
so that's why im worried

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
so that's why im worried
If it's been 3 years now try to re apply thermal paste, that would reduce the temperatures, also you should clean the fans with compress air, or if you're cheap like me just use a leaf blower. Anyway you can purchase 1 fan gigabyte fan in AliExpress or eBay for just $5 yes the shipping will be long but if that's what you want then go for it

Solution