gpu fan speeds setting

Lone-Revenant

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
better to let my fans run at lets say a straight 60% while gaming or to let it go up and down with a curve...which is easier on the fans?

Really depends on how loud they are and how hard your pushing the card if your playing say league it might work to have them set at a low setting to not hear them. But if your playing an intense game you might need all the fan you can get what card do you have?

Lone-Revenant

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

I have a 980ti and play bf1..I need more fan then default so use afterburner...mainly wanting to know if i should just go steady or let it curve

gtx 980ti runs hot if your gonna set it anything set it at 100% to cover how hot it can get. Otherwise the curve is actually really only used to keep noise down otherwise the fan would run constantly at full blast. If you run it at 60% and it cant get more and it gets hot it will eventually shut itself down.

Lone-Revenant

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

yeah it does get warm but 60% covers it no problem. default it was doing like 40% so i think ill just set straight 60 over curving it up and down in between game joins

Lone-Revenant

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

but running them at 60%-100% wont make them quit in like a year?