Question Gpu fan spinning so fast while turned on and no display

Status
Not open for further replies.

loku

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
As mentioned above gpu fan of my pc is running so fast and there is no video on my monitor...why it is spinning fast please help me to solve this...?Sometimes it will spin normally and system sytem bios and booting display will be there up but m
ost of the time it spins fast and there is no display on monitor and also if i connect to dvi cable to motherboard it boots up normally without any issue.Graphic card is just now has been rmaed 4 days ago so i there isnt any problem with graphic card...pls help me to slove this.

Last edited:
Which GPU MODEL is it ? What are your other specs ?? Do you have the latest BIOS installed on your system ? What about your MOBO/PSU ?

Anyways, kindly provide PC specs. Just try to provide as much info you can. You don't have to mention ALL these details, but only those pertaining to your current issue at hand.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

loku

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
Okay sir...My gpu is zotac gtz 1060 6 gb which is running at stock settings nothing overclocked and i have latest bios installed on my system my psu is coolermaster gx 550 watts psu.my processor is ibtel i5 3470 at stock settings my motherboard is dh67bl motherboard and i have 8 gb of ram at 1333 mhz. I have 2 seagate hard disks one is 500 gb and other is 2tb os is installed on mu 500gb hard disk.my pc case is zebronics force cabinet and i have attached all cooling fans for my case.my operating sytem is windoes 10 pro.my moitor is samsung b2030 20 inch monitor. This is all the information about my system...pls help me.

Last edited:

Dreamevil55

Honorable
May 4, 2016
It could be one of two things, your PSU is having a hard time, or, your GPU is overheating. You could try and put the GPU on a different PC like on a friend's one. If it works fine, it's your PSU. If the problem still persists, I'd suggest you take the GPU apart, and check the thermal compound. Re-apply it. See what happens.

I had this issue with my old ass HD6850 a long time ago. PC would crash all on a sudden, and GPU would turn into a R9 290x level leaf blower with no display. It was my bad PSU, but I thought my card was dying so I'd fix it by basically taking it out and putting it back again couple of times. Eventually the PSU died and the problem never showed up with the new PSU. Ironically my dead PSU was CM GX550 lol..

Reactions: Yub

loku

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
Ohh okay..i will try that and update you bro...
Heloo sir i have checked graphic card in another pc still it is behaving like that only like gpu fan spinning so fast and loud i thibk there is problem with the graphic card only but i have recently rma it and got replacement. what do u think about theissue. Pls help me

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Well if you tried it in another computer it can only mean one thing, that the graphic card is faulty/dying.
Edit:
so your power supply is coolermaster gx 550 watts, its a tier 4 power supply.

loku

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
Well if you tried it in another computer it can only mean one thing, that the graphic card is faulty/dying.
Edit:
so your power supply is coolermaster gx 550 watts, its a tier 4 power supply.
Broo i have just replaced the graphic card from warranty why will it die and also my smps is only 3 mobths old...?can i tey to replacethermal paste and check it out...?

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Well, 15% of parts come dead on arrival even if they're brand new.
And to tell you, some manufactures when you RMA your card it is not a brand new card out of the box.
It is usually a refurbished card, which means that they took it saw what is the problem fixed it either by replacing the actual pcb or changing the cooler and put it back in a box and reship it again.

loku

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
Ohh
Well, 15% of parts come dead on arrival even if they're brand new.
And to tell you, some manufactures when you RMA your card it is not a brand new card out of the box.
It is usually a refurbished card, which means that they took it saw what is the problem fixed it either by replacing the actual pcb or changing the cooler and put it back in a box and reship it again.
Okayy....can i try to change the thermal paste and check out how it is working...or do i have to apply foe the rma again...?

Status
Not open for further replies.