Question GPU fan spins at maximum speed after boot ?

Oct 7, 2021
Hey, I my GPU (1050ti oc 4gb) keeps spinning at max speed when boot, does anybody know why ?

My full rig
I5 - 10400f
16gb RAM 2666
gigabyte b460m ds3h
1050 ti oc 4gb
aqirys 550w

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Does the system still work fine? As fans ramping to 100% usually happens with my broken cards (of which I have a few), so I can start to help if the system is still fine.

Oct 7, 2021
Does the system still work fine? As fans ramping to 100% usually happens with my broken cards (of which I have a few), so I can start to help if the system is still fine.
yeah nothing wrong everything just "as new" i get even better fps ;)) they just start spinning at max and I can barely play any game from the sound ;))

Do they spin to the maximum and then spin down, or are they at the maximum all the time?

If it's the former, nothing to worry about. It may be the system is doing some PCIe setup and it left the video card to its own devices for a moment. If it's the latter, I wouldn't consider it normal, but if you can use something like MSI Afterburner to set a fan curve, then there's at least a workaround.

Oct 7, 2021
Do they spin to the maximum and then spin down, or are they at the maximum all the time?

If it's the former, nothing to worry about. It may be the system is doing some PCIe setup and it left the video card to its own devices for a moment. If it's the latter, I wouldn't consider it normal, but if you can use something like MSI Afterburner to set a fan curve, then there's at least a workaround.
If i try to change the values for fan they wont change even if the afterburner is telling me that fans are 25% spinning ;)
In reply to this, I re-read what you said, your card isn't loud, I use a 980ti FE, and she sounds like a damn plane, your card is what I wish for sound wise lol.
No I dont play games with MSI but just to get the sound for example i play csgo with headset and i can play but if i play smth on speakers i need to turn up the volume to hear anything l;))

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
If i try to change the values for fan they wont change even if the afterburner is telling me that fans are 25% spinning ;)

No I dont play games with MSI but just to get the sound for example i play csgo with headset and i can play but if i play smth on speakers i need to turn up the volume to hear anything l;))
Are you sure the card might not just be quite loud, it's usual for some GPU's to be, download something like HW Monitor or the free version of AIDA64 and check the fan RPM and %

Oct 16, 2021
Hello. Have you worked this out? I am having the same issue.

In my case, it started when I installed Nvidia drivers 496.xx. I downgraded, took the card off and then back on, etc but had the same behaviour. After a couple of days it suddenly stopped on its own. Now that I have installed the new drivers again - due to a new game that came out - the issue reappeared and won't leave.

In your case was it a hardware defect or something else software wise?