Question GPU fan spins for 3s, then less, no signal. Boots without GPU.

Apr 24, 2019
Bought GPU, worked for 2 months until last month, where my PC randomly loses signal and freezes. Removed the gpu and the system works fine (except it starts for 2 seconds, turns off, then boots to default UEFI screen). Tried to install the video card again and now when the system starts for 2 seconds, all fans spin, system turns off and then boots, but gpu fan does not spin and gives me no signal. Using the on-board graphics gives me signal even when gpu is installed. Gpu power/fan spin seems to decay each time I power it until it no longer spins.

GTX 1050ti Palit StormX (5 months old) [It has no Intelligent Cooling Feature and no power socket]
ASROCK H61M-VS3 (7 years old)
ACROSS ATX-600W (7 years pld)
Intel G620 (7 years old)
G-Skill Ripjaws 8x1G 1866 (1 year old)

Things I have tried:
  • Reseated Ram
  • Reseated GPU
  • Reseated CPU
  • Cleared CMOS with/without gpu installed
  • Tried another unbranded 600w psu
  • Tried another motherboard (GPU fan spins for 3 seconds, tried again and it spins less than 3 until it no longer spins when starting the board)

Also, when PC boots and I shutdown/sleep, pressing the power button cycles the system on and off for 1 sec but never boots back unless I unplug it from the socket for a minute. Changed CMOS battery but still no luck.

ACROSS ATX-600W (7 years pld)

Is that your PSU model ? NEVER heard of this brand, but a quick Google search points that it's a cheap/generic low-end PSU (Chinese made, most probably), if I'm NOT mistaken. I suspect your PSU to be the culprit here. Anyways, please avoid using lesser known PSU generic brands.

PSU is the MOST important of any PC, so we shouldn't be skimping on the power supply unit. Don't take any risk. Just my thoughts. Also, your PSU is almost 7 years old as well.....

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019
Update: I noticed that there have been a smudge of glue/paste/resin somewhere here, and I may have lost a very small capacitor compared to a photo of the same model online.

Photo of my gpu:
AcD83Et.jpg

Photo of the same gpu online:
mdVUzmV.png

Apr 24, 2019
Is that your PSU model ? NEVER heard of this brand, but a quick Google search points that it's a cheap/generic low-end PSU (Chinese made, most probably), if I'm NOT mistaken. I suspect your PSU to be the culprit here. Please, avoid using lesser known PSU generic brands.

PSU is the MOST important of any PC, so we shouldn't be skimping on the power supply unit. Don't take any risk. Just my thoughts. Also, your PSU is almost 7 years old as well.....

Yes, that is my PSU. Do you have anything to suggest? A student budget-friendly perhaps. All that is 7 years old was bought as a package and I am slowly upgrading my system after saving. Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS