[SOLVED] Gpu fan stopped working

legis

Reputable
Jul 17, 2019
Hello, my gpu cooler fan recently stopped working and as a result the gpu is overheating easily. I tried reconnecting the cooler fan's connector however it didn't help. I have a Radeon RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OC - MSI gpu. Are there any ways for me to make the fan work without replacing it? Any ideas? I also have tried cleaning the gpu of dust and debris, didn't help. Is replacing it the only way?

note: I live in Lithuania, the only place I found the cooler fans for my gpu at are aliexpress and it says it would take 60~~ days to ship it. Any other places to buy them from? Comment down the link if you found it anywhere else.

Solution
Just get yourself any 120mm fan, including one you may have elsewhere in the computer. Take the shroud/fan off the card and strap the 120mm fan to it (plug the fan into your motherboard or PSU), blowing down onto the heatsink.

Zip ties, a little double sided tape, you could even just put fan screws in and thread them in between the heatsink fins.

You can order the replacement and wait for it as well, but that will get you up and running faster than 60 days.

Amazon, Ebay, Alibaba, Aliexpress pretty much the usual place to get replacement fans for GPUs. Of dubious quality, but the GPU manufacturer's don't sell them for some reason.

You can ask MSI to send you one maybe, but it also take a while.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just get yourself any 120mm fan, including one you may have elsewhere in the computer. Take the shroud/fan off the card and strap the 120mm fan to it (plug the fan into your motherboard or PSU), blowing down onto the heatsink.

Zip ties, a little double sided tape, you could even just put fan screws in and thread them in between the heatsink fins.

You can order the replacement and wait for it as well, but that will get you up and running faster than 60 days.

Amazon, Ebay, Alibaba, Aliexpress pretty much the usual place to get replacement fans for GPUs. Of dubious quality, but the GPU manufacturer's don't sell them for some reason.

Solution

legis

Reputable
Jul 17, 2019

I made a ticket at MSI gpu support, thanks