Question GPU fan stuck at 900rpm on gaming laptop ?

Jun 9, 2022
My laptop is Asus tuf 505DT with ryzen 7 3750h and GTX 1650 gddr5 4gb.
My laptop's gpu fan is stuck at 900rpm, i dont know if it's hardware problem or software problem, does anyone know how to fix it?
I've tried using it for playing game and it's still stuck on 900rpm so the gpu overheated and touched 90°C (194°F)

Colif

Win 11 Master
lets see if its software
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

all this does is stops non microsoft programs from loading at startup, easily reversed

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

what Asus software have you got installed?
I see it lists armoury crate and Asus System Control 3. One of these lets you control fan speed, do you have laptop running in an eco mode or something?

The max speed of fan seems to be about 6000 as I find people with their fans stuck on max

Reactions: Yusei239
Jun 9, 2022
lets see if its software
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

all this does is stops non microsoft programs from loading at startup, easily reversed

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

what Asus software have you got installed?
I see it lists armoury crate and Asus System Control 3. One of these lets you control fan speed, do you have laptop running in an eco mode or something?

The max speed of fan seems to be about 6000 as I find people with their fans stuck on max

thanks for the suggestion ill try it, but if it doesn't work it might be the hardware problem