Question gpu fan throttling up to 100% when i quit games & also looses video signal

Jul 14, 2019
Hello
Gpu is GTX1080
Any normal "fix" is done. Problem is occuring just when I quit Apex Legends or when I quit Streamlabs OBS or when I hit alt-tab from Apex( that's ocasionaly after messing things up in afterburner).

Without Afterburner:
-the GPU temperature , is at 85 °C - ingame and streaming and it goas like that for hours including numerous alt-tab operations.I mention that FAN speed here is not higher then 50%. After alt-tab temp. is going down fast to 40 °C- like 5 seconds. If I quit the game, in any form ctrl-alt-del end task, alt-f4, quit from ingame menu, after 3 to 25 second the gpu fans are goin' up to 100% and video signal is lost and hard reset is only option.

With afterburner:
- I limited the temp to 83 °C, so gpu while ONLY gaming(720p) -NO streaming- its goes up to 60 °C( but that because I entered a curve that is causing the fans to go 60% speed when gpu temp is 50 °C. Anyway returned the game to 1080p, temperature climbed up to 82 °C, fans get up also but temp didn't come down as supposed to, so it mentained 82 °C at 100 FAN speed. The I exited the game, the gpu temperature was going down clearly to about 60 °C and then the EVENT happend again, gpu fans up to 100% video signal lost.

So my dilema is: why the GPU is shutting down ONLY when i QUIT games( or other gpu hungry software ), and after 5 to 30 seconds, not in an instant .

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much for the time invested in reading this.

update:
with Battlefield V, it does the same thing. seems like any game raises the temp.to the gpu, does this.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019
3 years old, Inno 3D. This problem is bugging me only from 3 weeks.
If I don't have afterburner on, the fans are NOT throteling up even if the GPU is at 85 degrees.

alt-tab only ocasionaly triggers this event, very rarely.

Last edited: