[SOLVED] GPU fans acting weirdly after CPU and mobo upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

krzys6e

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014
Hey! Few days agoI've upgraded my PC (pretty much everythig except PSU and discs).
My specs are as following:
Core i5 13600kf
RTX 3070 Ti (MSI Ventus 3OC)
ASRock Z790 PG Lightning
SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 750W 80 Plus Gold

After building PC I've noticed weird and loud spikes in GPU fan speed. While gaming temperature of GPU is around 65-70°C and RPM of fan is around 1400. But then suddenly it goes up to 2800-3500 just to go down to 1400 after second or two. It happenes every minute or two and is very annoying. Sometimes it stays that high longer, and alt tabbing to desktop fixes it. Can I have some of your guidance to fix this issue? I've played with MSI afterburner to set the curve properly, but it seems that every setting I use simply doesnt apply and doesn't work. The fans are going wild not only in high GPU games, but for example in World of Warcraft too. There was no problem with these GPU fans untill I upgraded mobo and CPU.

krzys6e

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014
Not yet, I planned on upgrading to Windows 11, but in order to do that I would have to change my discs from MBR to GPT to enable secure boot. I'm planning on getting second M.2 SSD in February and I'm going to do clean install then.

krzys6e

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014
I present to you GPU-Z image with spikes shown. I've managed to apply curve on FanControl app, but it didn't solve temperature spikes.

pxz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS