[SOLVED] GPU fans and LED turn on whith the PC but stop after it boots to Windows (mining rig)

Jun 17, 2021
After years of following advice online i am now faced with an issue that i can't find a fix for.

I have a mining rig and recently added a second PSU and an eighth GPU . The first PSU could handle all 7 cards fine but i needed another PSU for the last card. I couldn't get it to work, it wouldn't boot to windows, but i tested unplugging all GPU's and the computer boots so the ATX PSU splitter seems to work. I reset windows and plugged in just 1 GPU and updated the drivers and i can boot to windows and the card is recognized in device manager. Everything looks right but the fans and LED don't work.

When i start the PC both fans and LED work, but after booting to windows they stop. I can't turn on the LED with Strixx software and i can't get the fans to spin with afterburner. Looking at the software everything should be in order but somethings obviously wrong.

I've spent roughly 15 hours in total now trying everything i can find online, swithing cables, testing different cards with different risers, switching the load of the PSU's but nothing seems to work.

The riser is plugged into the same PSU that powers the motherboard and the GPU is plugged into the other PSU.

Sometimes the LED flickers on for a second or two before shutting off which leads me to think it's a power issue but i'm not sure.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated since i can't even revert back to using 7 cards because the issue still remains even if i completely disconnect the new PSU.

Solution
I tried this but still the same problem. I tried with different cards and risers as well. I noticed the card turns on right when windows shuts down as well, is it possible there's a setting in windows that is blocking the PSU from giving the cards full power?
Unlikely it more possible that the settings in the bios have been disabled for multi gpu setups and but that being said it can also be windows not allowing multi gpu renderings
After years of following advice online i am now faced with an issue that i can't find a fix for.

I have a mining rig and recently added a second PSU and an eighth GPU . The first PSU could handle all 7 cards fine but i needed another PSU for the last card. I couldn't get it to work, it wouldn't boot to windows, but i tested unplugging all GPU's and the computer boots so the ATX PSU splitter seems to work. I reset windows and plugged in just 1 GPU and updated the drivers and i can boot to windows and the card is recognized in device manager. Everything looks right but the fans and LED don't work.

When i start the PC both fans and LED work, but after booting to windows they stop. I can't turn on the LED with Strixx software and i can't get the fans to spin with afterburner. Looking at the software everything should be in order but somethings obviously wrong.

I've spent roughly 15 hours in total now trying everything i can find online, swithing cables, testing different cards with different risers, switching the load of the PSU's but nothing seems to work.

The riser is plugged into the same PSU that powers the motherboard and the GPU is plugged into the other PSU.

Sometimes the LED flickers on for a second or two before shutting off which leads me to think it's a power issue but i'm not sure.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated since i can't even revert back to using 7 cards because the issue still remains even if i completely disconnect the new PSU.
It's the psu bridge i almost promise it's failing to communicate the power draw needed between the two psu's. So it's probably not providing enough power to the third party gpu trying not to overload it...

Jun 17, 2021
It's the psu bridge i almost promise it's failing to communicate the power draw needed between the two psu's. So it's probably not providing enough power to the third party gpu trying not to overload it...

Is there any way to fix it? I've tried both with an ATX splitter and this other thing i'm not sure what it's called but you plug the secondary PSU's 24-pin connector to it and then just a regular 4-pin molex from the main PSU but i get the same result from both. Is there any BIOS safeguard that can be turned off?

Is there any way to fix it? I've tried both with an ATX splitter and this other thing i'm not sure what it's called but you plug the secondary PSU's 24-pin connector to it and then just a regular 4-pin molex from the main PSU but i get the same result from both. Is there any BIOS safeguard that can be turned off?
Here's how we can start get everything running as was before upgrading.

Jun 17, 2021
Here's how we can start get everything running as was before upgrading.

That doesn't work, I've tried unplugging everything new that i added, only using the old PSU and still nothing. I then unplugged everything except one GPU and the riser it uses and still the same. The fans spin and the LED starts when i power on, but as soon as I boot to windows it stops and now and again it turns on for about a second or two. I can see it in the device manager and everything looks as it should. It's the same issue as if i had the 2 PSU's. Is it possible i somehow damaged the older PSU?

That doesn't work, I've tried unplugging everything new that i added, only using the old PSU and still nothing. I then unplugged everything except one GPU and the riser it uses and still the same. The fans spin and the LED starts when i power on, but as soon as I boot to windows it stops and now and again it turns on for about a second or two. I can see it in the device manager and everything looks as it should. It's the same issue as if i had the 2 PSU's. Is it possible i somehow damaged the older PSU?
Clear the bios by unplugging the psu. And the lithium battery from the mobo. Well they are removed hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s then reseat everything.

Jun 17, 2021
Clear the bios by unplugging the psu. And the lithium battery from the mobo. Well they are removed hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s then reseat everything.

I tried this but still the same problem. I tried with different cards and risers as well. I noticed the card turns on right when windows shuts down as well, is it possible there's a setting in windows that is blocking the PSU from giving the cards full power?

Unlikely it more possible that the settings in the bios have been disabled for multi gpu setups and but that being said it can also be windows not allowing multi gpu renderings

Solution