Question Gpu fans are not spinning

Sep 13, 2021
Last day I install my 2nd hand graphics card which is I bought last year and I only used last day cause I upgrade my old pc. At first there's no display and fans are not spinning then I tried to connect the hdmi to the 2nd hdmi port and it works but after 10 minutes of display of uefi bios, my pc shut down and I turn off and on the psu then my graphics card is not working again. The case fans, ram, mobo, cpu and cooler are working but the only gpu is not even though it is connected to the 2nd port of hdmi, and there's a text on my monitor "Power Saving Mode" please someone help me, this is my first mid gaming built pc.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Last day I install my 2nd hand graphics card which is I bought last year and I only used last day cause I upgrade my old pc. At first there's no display and fans are not spinning then I tried to connect the hdmi to the 2nd hdmi port and it works but after 10 minutes of display of uefi bios, my pc shut down and I turn off and on the psu then my graphics card is not working again. The case fans, ram, mobo, cpu and cooler are working but the only gpu is not even though it is connected to the 2nd port of hdmi, and there's a text on my monitor "Power Saving Mode" please someone help me, this is my first mid gaming built pc.
can you give the information of your pc spec?

tecmo34

Administrator
As @GiantHunger stated, we'll need your full PC specs to help start the trouble-shooting.

When you say, "my 2nd hand graphics card", can you go into details on what you mean. Did you buy it off e-bay, Amazon, etc. or from a friend? Did you verify the card worked prior to purchasing, as depending on the time of purchase last year, there was a lot of scamming going on with people selling defective cards as no one could get a GPU with the market shortage. Hey, people were selling just the box for 30 series cards for $600+ as people weren't reading the description and just saw a post for a 30 series card on e-bay.

Have you tried another HDMI cable or another cable input for your GPU to monitor connection?

Sep 13, 2021
As @GiantHunger stated, we'll need your full PC specs to help start the trouble-shooting.

When you say, "my 2nd hand graphics card", can you go into details on what you mean. Did you buy it off e-bay, Amazon, etc. or from a friend? Did you verify the card worked prior to purchasing, as depending on the time of purchase last year, there was a lot of scamming going on with people selling defective cards as no one could get a GPU with the market shortage. Hey, people were selling just the box for 30 series cards for $600+ as people weren't reading the description and just saw a post for a 30 series card on e-bay.

Have you tried another HDMI cable or another cable input for your GPU to monitor connection?
[/QUOTE
can you give the information of your pc spec?
Asrock B450M Steel Legends
T Force Delta 2x8gb 3200mhz
Ryzen 3 3300X
Tecware Forge M2
Western Green 240gb ssd.

I bought it from fb marketplace and they send me proof of working. I didn't test it when I already have the gpu 'cause the card is not compatible to my old pc, that's why I suspected the card is dead but when it does have a post last day I think the gpu is not dead. Yesterday I tried to go to a technician but he said I need only to clean the gold pins with eraser just like cleaning the gold pins of ram, I did clean the pins and repasting the card but same result. I didn't try another hdmi cable or other input on my monitor, I only have one hdmi cable. Thank you for your response, appreciated.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Rx 470 and Gigabyte P550B 80+ Bronze.
gigabyte psus are very dangerous to your components. there are people out there saying that this psu almost caught on fire, yes gigabyte is a reputational brand but this is their first time making psus so dont expect their psu to be great. This psu probably fried your gpu, you should try and swap another psu to see if your gpu still works or not.

Sep 13, 2021
gigabyte psus are very dangerous to your components. there are people out there saying that this psu almost caught on fire, yes gigabyte is a reputational brand but this is their first time making psus so dont expect their psu to be great. This psu probably fried your gpu, you should try and swap another psu to see if your gpu still works or not.
I will try if I already brought it again to a technician to check the problem of my gpu cause my psu is almost a year when I bought that and replace my old generic psu. I also used that psu to my old pc and I have no problems using that psu, but I will try to use other psu to make sure if the psu is the real problem. Thank you again for your response, appreciated