GPU fans don't spin

mookleguy

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
In short, when I start my desktop nothing displays on the monitor. When I investigated further, I noticed that none of the fans on my two 970's were spinning. Below I'll give way too many details to be thorough since those are often lacking in these forums:

My original build was as follows:

CPU: AMD - FX-8350 4GHz 8-Core
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)
Case: Corsair - 550D ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Antec - High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Eventually, I upgraded with another 970, 16gb of ram, and a Corsair - Professional 1050W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply. Note, all of these were used but worked perfectly for months until I moved to a new home.
After moving, I plugged in the desktop and noticed it was not displaying or even being recognized (weird). My first thought was to blame the hotel television I had picked up as my new monitor. Upon testing with my laptop, however, the TV was not the problem. Next, I blamed the house wiring. My new spot is an ANCIENT victorian house, maybe it couldn't handle the needs of all of my electronics plus my power-hungry desktop. I tested the outlet with my voltmeter and it does read exactly 120V. Next, maybe my used psu crapped out. I checked every cable (except for SATA power, I don't understand how to test that one) and they all were well within their relative expected ranges.
Sometimes, I am able to get my computer to boot and display (even though the gpu fans are not spinning). One of the times this happened I quickly updated my gpu drivers and windows 10. Alas, this did not solve the problem either.
Does anyone have any advice or other suggestions? I am at a total loss. This has been 5 months going and I would like to start gaming again. Thanks for taking the time to help me out and let me know if I can provide any other details.