Question GPU fans go full speed and screen goes black, BUT i still hear from my headphones so PC didnt shutoff

Jun 16, 2022
Have been having this problem for a few months now and bought a new motherboard, PSU, cooling, case to no avail, have also googled this EXCESSIVELY but nothing, anyone know anything about this?
5800x
3080ti 12gb
MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI emolevy AMD B550 Kanta AM4 mikro ATX MOBO

I have ruled out that its not the PSU or MOBO since i bought new ones that are up to code/new and more then enough

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-be-not-fixed-need-help.3766206/post-22716897
"Unless you have a separate sound card this would mean that your GPU is still running so it's not crashing, due to power heat or anything else, if it would crash the most you would hear would be a buzzing sound.
This could be a driver issue so DDU all your graphics drivers.
If that doesn't fix it then you are likely to be screwed because it could be anything and you would have to check every single piece of hardware and software.
A propos software if you have anything that overlays anything on your graphics stop using it (uninstall to be safe) to see if that makes a difference."

DDU is Display Driver Uninstaller. The 'propos' thing is likely a typo of something - I've no idea, but I do get the rest of what's being said.

The video signal is dropping. The cause for that can be the aforementioned graphic drivers or software you've installed.
There's also the hardware necessary to send/receive video signals possibly failing: cable, monitor, the video port on the gpu, and the gpu itself.

Jun 16, 2022
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-be-not-fixed-need-help.3766206/post-22716897
"Unless you have a separate sound card this would mean that your GPU is still running so it's not crashing, due to power heat or anything else, if it would crash the most you would hear would be a buzzing sound.
This could be a driver issue so DDU all your graphics drivers.
If that doesn't fix it then you are likely to be screwed because it could be anything and you would have to check every single piece of hardware and software.
A propos software if you have anything that overlays anything on your graphics stop using it (uninstall to be safe) to see if that makes a difference."

DDU is Display Driver Uninstaller. The 'propos' thing is likely a typo of something - I've no idea, but I do get the rest of what's being said.

The video signal is dropping. The cause for that can be the aforementioned graphic drivers or software you've installed.
There's also the hardware necessary to send/receive video signals possibly failing: cable, monitor, the video port on the gpu, and the gpu itself.
I have tried everything, every driver has been uninstalled and cleanly re installed and I even bought a new windows key and deleted my old one and did a HARD FULL RESET and new clean windows because I just got a new mobo.
Luckily I did find a solution to this a few hours after this post. My GPU was shipped already overclocked to the <Mod Edit> max.
For reference the 3090TI doesn't even go 2000mhz when boosted/OC and my 3080ti which has a boost speed of 1650mhz about, was at 2000...... I cranked the numbers back to normal and voila

Last edited by a moderator: