Question Gpu fans go really loud and pc restarts

Slayer16

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2015
Updated drivers for my rtx 2070 super through GeForce now and when I turn my pc on and open chrome or do anything that requires some juice a black screen appears, fans go really loud then the pc restarts. Tried to go back to previous drivers from late March but same issue. Unsure what previous drivers I had. If I use ddu and uninstall drivers then the computer runs fine.

Slayer16

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2015
After you uninstall and the PC runs fine, is Windows installing it's own drivers, or does the card lose its identity and show up as "standard VGA" or something like that?
After uninstalling the drivers, after a couple minutes I guess windows installs drivers for it because it goes from low resolution to max resolution.

The ones from Windows ARE Nvidia drivers. Probably a different version, but still Nvidia drivers. Most optimizations, that I am aware of (for your card at least) are game-specific, or to update optimization settings for specific games. As these cards have been out for a while, they aren't going to get noticably better at this point through driver updates.

Slayer16

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2015
The ones from Windows ARE Nvidia drivers. Probably a different version, but still Nvidia drivers. Most optimizations, that I am aware of (for your card at least) are game-specific, or to update optimization settings for specific games. As these cards have been out for a while, they aren't going to get noticably better at this point through driver updates.
I’ve tried this and the issue still occurs. I need to work and I have not been able to find a solution. It worked yesterday but now it’s doing the same thing over and over