Question GPU fans go to full capacity and display lost

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
i just played a game of apex legends and in the middle of it my GPU fans went to a 100% RPM and i lost display, i rebooted the computer and everything was fine, anyone can help? :)
CPU- i7-4790 3.6GHZ
GPU- 1060 OC strix asus ROG (brand new bought 1 month ago with the PSU) (asus said recomended PSU atleast 550W which i have)
PSU- corsair cx550M (brand new bought with the GPU,)
RAM- 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ
MD- gigabytye B85M
i alreadt run some benchmarks like cinebench and furmark with OC of around +100MHZ and PSU to 110% and fans at 100% and no problems were made.
update: it happended again after 60min~

Last edited:

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
Could be a few things, driver issue, bad card or power supply. You got the card a month ago, and it worked fine then right? Did anything change since then before the issue started? If anything is overclocked, set to stock speeds and try things again.
nothing has changed, only driver updated and the settings been on normal box settings since forever (OC'd it just to test how strong it is once). nothing has happened that was weird at all in that month or so and just yesterday it happened and now it happened again, please help :(
edit: i reverted back to driver 417.71 (aka the one that i had installed when put the card in)
edit 2.0: checked cooler master PSU calculator and my PSU is enough to run a 2080TI by what they say with the current specs
edit 3.0: just launched d heaven benchmark yesterday i could handle the whole benchmark and some more, today barely half and then after another restrat no even start it, please help it's urgent :(
the only thing that changed between the month and it happening is me installing the new 418.XXX driver

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS