Question GPU Fans not spinnig at 75 degrees

Aug 14, 2019
so yesterday i bought an Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 GAMING 8GB and a coolermaster 550w psu. it worked fine until i was gaming and my pc instanted shut down, when i starded my pc back up my gpu temp was at 80 and the fans where not spinnig. even if i force them to spin they wont work. but the strange thing is an hour before that they worked , i could control them and hear them blast.
i already installed older drivers an newer and stuff like that

so i dont really know what to do now..
thanks for helping

PC Tailor

Distinguished
Herald
If it is a new GPU and forcing the fans to spin using software also does not work, RMA the GPU.
It is likely there could be a hardware problem, and there is no software solution for a hardware problem.

RMA the GPU, get a replacement, then retest :)
Fiddling with the GPU may just end up voiding warranties.

You also want to make sure it's a good quality PSU behind said GPU to prevent any possible instability or damage.

JohnBonhamsGhost

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
What software are you using to control the GPU core/clock speeds & fans?

My EVGA GPU has three distinct fan controllers; one for core, one for memory, one for power.
If I use anything other than EVGA Precision software like MSI's Afterburner, etc only the core fan spins. Memory and power fans stop.

Aug 14, 2019
If it is a new GPU and forcing the fans to spin using software also does not work, RMA the GPU.
It is likely there could be a hardware problem, and there is no software solution for a hardware problem.

RMA the GPU, get a replacement, then retest :)
Fiddling with the GPU may just end up voiding warranties.

You also want to make sure it's a good quality PSU behind said GPU to prevent any possible instability or damage.
i tried everything but after all i had send the video card back, and the gave me new one so problem solved :)

thanks for helping every one

Reactions: PC Tailor

ASK THE COMMUNITY