[SOLVED] GPU fans not spinning and overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

BucketBoi

Commendable
Jul 23, 2020
I'm trying to play PC Building simulator, but no matter what I do the GPU won't spin fans and it overheats. I tried making a fan curve in AMD Adrenaline drivers and MSI Afterburner and I also tried making the fans spin manually with afterburner still doesn't work(ingame). Tried to run 3dmark time spy and there the fans did spin at the beginning of the benchmark but stopped randomly after and the gpu climbed to 78 degrees fans span up again for 3 seconds and stopped again and then the gpu hit 83 degrees and I stopped the benchmark. Also when the fans stopped spinning MSI afterburner overlay showed crazy high rpms like millions and then they go to 0 rpm. Undervolting only helped to slow down the overheating, the fans will just not spin for longer than 5 seconds no matter what.

GPU: RX 570 Sapphire Pulse 8gb

BucketBoi

Commendable
Jul 23, 2020
weird thing is that the fans do work when I'm not in an app I can make them spin to 100% from MSI Afterburner but as soon as I open the game they just stop and refuse to spin, I feel like it's something bios related maybe idk what's happening
I just unplugged and reseated my gpu, tried PUBG and fans are actually spinning as they should, I still don't understand what happened in Time Spy

BucketBoi

Commendable
Jul 23, 2020
I'm trying to play PC Building simulator, but no matter what I do the GPU won't spin fans and it overheats. I tried making a fan curve in AMD Adrenaline drivers and MSI Afterburner and I also tried making the fans spin manually with afterburner still doesn't work(ingame). Tried to run 3dmark time spy and there the fans did spin at the beginning of the benchmark but stopped randomly after and the gpu climbed to 78 degrees fans span up again for 3 seconds and stopped again and then the gpu hit 83 degrees and I stopped the benchmark. Also when the fans stopped spinning MSI afterburner overlay showed crazy high rpms like millions and then they go to 0 rpm. Undervolting only helped to slow down the overheating, the fans will just not spin for longer than 5 seconds no matter what.

GPU: RX 570 Sapphire Pulse 8gb
Guys I managed to fix it, it was my F quality power supply, it explains why I had to heavily undervolt the graphics card for the fans to spin, the supposedly 500w(Aerocool VX 500) rated PSU wasn't delivering it's power properly, and after using it for 2 and a half years screw that thing. I just bought a new actual high quality PSU(XPG Core Reactor 750w) and it works very very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.