Question GPU fans not spinning - Temp reaching to 86+ still no fans

Jul 5, 2021
  • MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS
  • Intel i3 9100F
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB SL (2x8GB)
  • Gigabyte RTX 2060 Windforce 6GB OC (V2)

Hi guys,

I noticed that my GPU fans are not spinning at all. Even under heavy load, the temperature rises without the fans kicking in. The GPU is only 3 months old.

I've tried:
  1. Reinstalling drivers using DDU in safe mode
  2. MSI afterburner to get the fans going
  3. Resitting the GPU and reinserting the PCI cables on both sides
  4. Cleaning the fans

I've tried everything over the last few days and nothing has worked. I did build this PC again a week ago using a new motherboard after the old one stopped working. The GPU fans were working on the old build but I'm not sure if the fans ever worked on this build.

I can load up games but the temp shoots up and the graphics start to lag as there is no cooling from the fans. Please help! Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

using a new motherboard after the old one stopped working
What was the make and model of your prior motherboard? Did you reinstall the OS after the motherboard migration? On that note, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Might read out to be silly but is the GPU brand new or bought second hand(and is 3 months old in your hands)?

Jul 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

using a new motherboard after the old one stopped working
What was the make and model of your prior motherboard? Did you reinstall the OS after the motherboard migration? On that note, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Might read out to be silly but is the GPU brand new or bought second hand(and is 3 months old in your hands)?

Hi sorry,

The PSU is Gamemax 1050W 80 Plus Gold and the old motherboard was MSI Z390 A pro.

I did install using a bootable usb installer and the GPU was bought brand new. So the OS was installed on a brand new Nvme SSD.