PC specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 4.6GHz 8 Cores 16 Threads AM4 CPU
Gigabyte RTX 3090 24g
WD Blue SN550 1TB
Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB 3600Mhz
Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE AMD Motherboard
Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB TG Mid Tower ATX Case - Black
Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler

All components were bought for $5000 brand new less than a 6 months ago. Built the gaming PC with no problems. Functioning well until 2 days ago when the screen suddenly blacked out and the PC restarted. The fans were running full speed for a few minutes so I shut it down from the case power button. From then, there was no display when the PC was connected through the GPU. I was fortunate enough to have integrated graphics that showed the display. I went to device manager but couldn't find the GPU anywhere so I restarted the PC and went into the bios. I check the PCIe slots but they showed up empty. The GPU fans are still running but no RGB led is showing.

I tried updating drivers but no GPU was detected. I tried taking off the PCIe power cables from the GPU and the PSU. I tried taking out the GPU from the motherboard and installing it back. I tried using the other PCIe slot. I haven't had any luck using these methods. Is there anything else I can try? If the GPU is damaged there has to be a way to fix it as getting a replacement for a 3090 can be really expensive.

Jul 5, 2022
What about your BIOS version? This feels like a typical case of "Your motherboard doesn't support this CPU (yet)". Your motherboard seems to need version F35 to support the 5000G processors.
Yep, I forgot to mention I did the bios update when I installed my CPU and motherboard. BIOS is updated but I think its something with the GPU as I can still access the PC if I use integrated graphics.

Interesting choice, btw. Going for a G series processor while having a 3090. Availability issue? Price obviously wasn't an issue.. :p

Anyway, PSU might be a good point. Plenty of PSUs have trouble with the 3000 series GPUs, even some high end 1000+ Watt PSUs are buckling under the peak wattage loads.

Have you checked the PCI-E port version? I don't know if it would completely cripple a PCI-E version 4 card, but it's worth setting it to version 4 only.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
RM850 is good, but this looks like one the '3090 up and just died from a blown fuze or other part' scenarios. Time for RMA.
Oh, but if you're using a riser, or psu cable extensions, remove those first and see if it works without them.

Jul 5, 2022
Interesting choice, btw. Going for a G series processor while having a 3090. Availability issue? Price obviously wasn't an issue.. :p

Anyway, PSU might be a good point. Plenty of PSUs have trouble with the 3000 series GPUs, even some high end 1000+ Watt PSUs are buckling under the peak wattage loads.

Have you checked the PCI-E port version? I don't know if it would completely cripple a PCI-E version 4 card, but it's worth setting it to version 4 only.

Went with the g series processor because that was the cheapest and only one in stock at the time.

The PSU is a Corsair RM850. Didn’t encounter any problems with the PSU.

The motherboard has PCIe 4 expansion slots so don’t think the PCIe was the problem.

Jul 5, 2022
RM850 is good, but this looks like one the '3090 up and just died from a blown fuze or other part' scenarios. Time for RMA.
Oh, but if you're using a riser, or psu cable extensions, remove those first and see if it works without them.
Not using any riser or PSU cable extensions. Is there anyway to fix a blown fuse? My first thought about this problem was the card died but these are made to last many years not a few months.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is there anyway to fix a blown fuse?
That's outside my experiences, unfortunately.

My first thought about this problem was the card died but these are made to last many years not a few months.
Unfortunately(again), the semiconductor shortage didn't just affect supply of electronics products, it seems.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N304NKFrmvk

Some interesting speculation, but basically, many cheaped out, and the best engineered 3090 PCB was apparently Asus' Strix.

Jul 5, 2022
That's outside my experiences, unfortunately.

Unfortunately(again), the semiconductor shortage didn't just affect supply of electronics products, it seems.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N304NKFrmvk

Some interesting speculation, but basically, many cheaped out, and the best engineered 3090 PCB was apparently Asus' Strix.
I bought my 3090 for $3500 during the crisis and now you can buy a 3090 ti for $2500. I’ll try to do a warranty claim and try to get it repaired.