GPU fans spinning really fast but there is no display signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomireles

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a GTX 1070 G1 gaming and am already having trouble :S. I installed the card and booted my PC. After installing the drivers and a couple resets from my PC the GPU was working perfectly. Then after turning it off and then back on, the fans on the GPU started spinning as if they were on 100% but there was no signal on my monitor. After resetting the PC I was able to boot it up again normal. Then the next day after trying to boot up my PC the GPU fans start spinning really fast with no signal being received. I have tried resetting the PC several times, taking the GPU off my motherboard and putting it back again, removing my ram sticks and leaving just one and switching them up, trying different HDMI cables, cleaning all the dust and making sure there are no loose cables, especially the one 8 pin cable powering the GPU. Nothing seems to work. I removed the GPU and booted the PC with the integrated graphics that my motherboard comes with and everything works just fine. The Power Supply cannot be the problem since it is 725W and its a couple months old, and it works with my other GPU's. Again without the GPU the PC boots up no problem, so the CPU, Ram, and Motherboard should be in good condition. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

This is my rig:
CPU: AMD FX-8320 Black edition
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Mobo: ASUS micro atx M5A78L-M/USB3
RAM: 2X4GB Kingstone HyperX 1600MHz DDR3
PSU: Sentey 725W Xpp725-hs

Solution
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried putting the card into different PCI ex slot? Does your motherboard have additional slot for GPU? I am hoping you must have tried this too. OK you have M5A78L-M/USB3 which doesn't have two PCI ex slots.
As you have already tried all the things possible. I would suggest removing the card from your system and testing it on different pc . That way we will be sure which thing has gone bad, its either your motherboard or GPU. Could be ram as well but it has less possibility of going bad in this situation. First check the GPU in different system. If the issue doesn't occurs in that system then you know its not your card. Then we can more narrow it down.

leomireles

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

Does the fans spinning and no video thing normally happen when the power supply fails?

kmr1154

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2012

Run your pc with least hardware connected to it. Only the necessary hardware, like mouse, keyboard and primary hard drive and GPU of-course. Remove all unnecessary usb and sata devices. Also try shuffling the ram sticks in the slots and also try clearing cmos either by removing the jumper or battery.

leomireles

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
I appreciate the suggestions, but nothing seems to work. I shuffled the ram in the ram slots unplugged pretty much everything from usb and sata, removed the cmos battery. The thing is that gpu fans are not supposed to spin at all but they spin at like 100%. There is no video, not even bios screen. When I plug the hd cable to the motherboard I get video and am able to startvthe pc normal but when I go to video devices it seems that the motherboard is just not reading or detecting the gpu.
Again, Thanks.

kmr1154

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2012
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried putting the card into different PCI ex slot? Does your motherboard have additional slot for GPU? I am hoping you must have tried this too. OK you have M5A78L-M/USB3 which doesn't have two PCI ex slots.
As you have already tried all the things possible. I would suggest removing the card from your system and testing it on different pc . That way we will be sure which thing has gone bad, its either your motherboard or GPU. Could be ram as well but it has less possibility of going bad in this situation. First check the GPU in different system. If the issue doesn't occurs in that system then you know its not your card. Then we can more narrow it down.

Solution

Shane_38

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

Have you solved this issue,I have the exact same issue with Sapphire hd radeon 6950

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS