[SOLVED] GPU fans stop after a while, no image

Shizuhe

Prominent
Nov 12, 2019
Hello everyone! Today I've tried to boot my PC and came to a problem.

First boot: Got to the first screen, the one that gives the info about RAM, CPU and stuff. After that, my monitor gave me the "No Signal" and I had to force shutdown (holding power button)

Second boot: Got to the same screen, but the image was small and it was at the top-left side of the screen. Maybe GPU giving signals of failure? Same problem, "No Signal" after that screen.

Third boot: Got the same result as the first boot.

Fourth and after: "No Signal" right from the start. Doesn't seem to boot up, because my mouse and keyboard doesn't light up. GPU fans spin for 5 seconds or so, and then stops.

Some point after trying a lot: Got the keyboard and mouse to light up, seems to have booted but still "No Signal".

This happened to a RX 580, it's like a year old or something. I've tried with my onboard GPU and it works fine. Tried with an old R7 250 and it works fine too (doesn't need power from PSU).

I think the RX 580 is somewhere between dead and alive, I dunno what to do. Already tried changing the PSU power connector. Already tried removing the GPU and plugging back in. I thought it was the PCI-E slot on the mobo, but my old GPU works fine.

Is there anything else I can do? And if it's dead, can it be fixed somehow?

My specs:
CPU: FX8300
MOBO: GA-78LMT-S2
RAM: 1x4gb and 1x2gb, they seem to work fine.
PSU: Corsair CX550

Thanks!

Solution
the RX 580 is failing is there isn’t any way you can fix it. If the card was having power delivery issues it would only be then when it’s under stress, but it crashes on boot. Your PSU meets the requirements for the RX 580 so it’s enough, try to take the RX 580 out and inspect the card and look for any damages.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
the RX 580 is failing is there isn’t any way you can fix it. If the card was having power delivery issues it would only be then when it’s under stress, but it crashes on boot. Your PSU meets the requirements for the RX 580 so it’s enough, try to take the RX 580 out and inspect the card and look for any damages.

Solution