[SOLVED] GPU fans stop spinning after 2s.

Dec 5, 2018
Hi, I've build new pc recently and everything seems working except gpu fans stop spinning after 2 sec in bootup, I've tried to put the gpu underload by making a benchmark; still fans wont work and the temperature is 58C.
The gpu is: XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS.

Thanks.

Solution
Well most new Graphics Cards don't spin the fans until the GPU reaches a higher degree on heat, example my GTX 1060 6GB Strix ROG only starts to turn the fans above 55c degrees, and its spin the on 40% until 62c and actually on every possible benchmark and overclock my card don't go more than 65c with max fans on 42%. Try give it more load, give the GPU a stress test to pass those 58c or above 65c and check the card if then starts to spin the fans above 65c, if you see the GPU goes fast to that temp like 65c and fans are still not spinning, well that might be a some hardware issue.

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Well most new Graphics Cards don't spin the fans until the GPU reaches a higher degree on heat, example my GTX 1060 6GB Strix ROG only starts to turn the fans above 55c degrees, and its spin the on 40% until 62c and actually on every possible benchmark and overclock my card don't go more than 65c with max fans on 42%. Try give it more load, give the GPU a stress test to pass those 58c or above 65c and check the card if then starts to spin the fans above 65c, if you see the GPU goes fast to that temp like 65c and fans are still not spinning, well that might be a some hardware issue.

Solution
I wouldn't worry just yet. In light gaming the fans often never spin at all on my Vega 64. Put it under a heavy prolonged load and you should see the fans come on eventually. Alternatively, turn off 'Zero RPM' in the Radeon Settings control panel and click 'apply'. They should immediately spin.