Aug 31, 2022
Hi,
so I've had a problem with my system recently. I was playing some games yesterday and everything was going smoothly. I noticed that there were new Nvidia drivers so I decided to download them. After downloading I started noticing weird problems. First of all my GPU fan curve that I had set on MSI Afterburner didn't work and the GPU fans were constantly spinning at 51 speed (which is semi loud) and couldn't spin at any lower speed .Also I had the problem where GPU usage spiked constantly at 100%.
I started trying to fix the issue with many different ways. I reinstalled MSI afterburner and drivers, and it didn't work. I even downloaded the garbage Aorus engine, which didn't work. So in the end I decided to do a clean install from an USB boot drive, also because I had some useless software and other instabilities.
After reinstalling I downloaded all drivers and software in order but for some reason now I had even more problems. My system fans started being even more loud than before although at the same speeds as before. Also with the GPU the problem didn't go away.

System specs:
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 8GB OC rev 2.0
CPU: Intel 5-12600K
MOBO: Gigabyte Z690 Gaming x DDR4
PSU: Corsair RM850X 2021
RAM: Kingston Fury 16GB 3200mhz

I'd be super grateful if you people could help. I don't know if this issue is because of bad drivers or MSI Afterburner or what but for some reason doing this messed my whole computer up.

Lutfij

Titan
You're advised to have a higher wattage PSU to power a build with an RTX3070 in it. As for your platform, where did you source the installer for your OS? Speaking of OS, what are you working with? Try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Are the PCIe power connectors daisychained or standalone from the PSU to the GPU?

Aug 31, 2022
Umm.. I'm not sure what you mean by the PSU thing. I just downloaded the windows media creation tool to my USB, and the version is Windows 10 Pro. I've tried to use 3DGuru DDU and didn't work. I can of course try again but I think that it wouldn't help. And yes the GPU is connected with just a standalone cable straight from the PSU. I didn't modify my hardware during this process so it should not be the cause of this problem.