[SOLVED] GPU Fans Wont Spin Unless MSI GAMING App is open

Dec 28, 2018
I recently bought a GTX 1070 Ti Gaming X, and I had the MSI GAMING App downloaded prior to purchasing, and I was messing around with it (just changing colors of the GPU LED, not doing anything I don't understand) and I went to check the GPU with the flash of my phone because my game had just randomly froze, the fans were not spinning, I panicked and instantly turned off my pc, waited a little bit, turned it back on, fans weren't spinning but the GPU was still working (loaded up tons of GPU heavy games and it was working just fine at demanding graphics) and I went to test out the fans and figured out they only spun while the MSI GAMING App was open, so I minimized it to the taskbar, the fans are currently spinning, but I don't want to have the app always open, does anyone know a fix?

Solution
usually a card that has premium features like yours will have a 0rpm mode where the fans don't spin unless temps are above 60c. so unless they aren't working while gaming and your temps are out of control, you have nothing to worry about
usually a card that has premium features like yours will have a 0rpm mode where the fans don't spin unless temps are above 60c. so unless they aren't working while gaming and your temps are out of control, you have nothing to worry about

Solution
Dec 28, 2018
so would you recommend keeping the fans on all the time or just let the process go by itself, b/c I don't want to kill the fans, though I added a 4-year warranty, im a little cautious, so would keeping the fans on 100% of the time damage it?